Thursday, November 27, 2008

Dave Carpenter Presents Strategies & Tactics for Prospering in the Recession

This blog has been designed to help executives, entrepreneurs and everyone else to learn an approach to prospering in tough times. It is intended to be more than just a “feel good” site. The challenges of this economic downturn, for both business and individuals, are very real. In fact, they are as severe as anything I have witnessed in my life time. Businesses and individuals need strategies and tactics relevant to the severity of the circumstances.

I feel very, very fortunate that my entire life seems to have been amazing preparation for these times. My six Outward Bound wilderness experiences have been great preparation for surviving in challenging environments. My work with Scotty, a multiply disabled young man for whom my wife and I are his caregivers, has taught me valuable life lessons about the role of the right attitude, especially under challenging circumstances. My twenty five years on the front lines of the Restructuring world has taught me the strategies and tactics that are critical to saving a company. And, my dozen years of advising growth companies has helped me to hone my understanding of what it takes to start and grow a successful business, no matter the circumstances.

Because of the pain I see so many companies and individuals feeling, I decided to launch this blog. Through regular posts, I will be sharing my best thoughts on what I…and others…believe will be the strategies and tactics for surviving, thriving, and even prospering in these tough times. Does Dave Carpenter have all the answers? Hardly! Like every one of you, I learning new lessons every day. But, as I observe, and even sometimes stumble about, I will share my very latest thinking on what it will take to prosper in the 2008-2009 recession.

Here are the top posts, that readers have communicated as being the most helpful to date…some of the posts deal with business issues, others deal with personal dimensions:

To learn more about my background, you can visit the site of Dave Carpenter. Or, you can read the LinkedIn Profile of Dave Carpenter.

Your thoughts, comments and observations to any of my posts are most welcome, as is your recommendation of this blog to family, friends and co-workers.

No comments: