Friday, October 17, 2008

How Long Will the 2008 Recession Last?

Perhaps it is because of the nature of my consulting business that I get asked this question so often. Or, maybe it has become a favorite question.

I know what everyone wants to hear, myself included. "Not long!"

But, heck I don't have a crystal ball...they were sold out at the Consultant's Super Store when I visited last week. :)



Even without a crystal ball, I do see signs that we could be in for a protracted downturn...signs I will share with you in my next post.

To me,

the question of how long the recession will last
is far far less important than getting on with
positioning oneself to prosper in tough times.

Do you have a realistic plan in place for prospering in tough times? Are you implementing it aggressively?

Or, are you like I expect most, sitting back waiting for the perfect storm to pass?

1 comment:

Life Coach Mary said...

Dave, You're spot-on! It's less about the recession and MORE about what our strategy is. Thanks for posing these powerful questions.
Mary