Thursday, January 1, 2009

Best Day of My Life?

Well, certainly this will be the best day of the new year. Geez, it is the only day of the new year.

But, best day of my life? Wow, that is one tough standard. OK, so let us relax the standard just a tad. Has this been one of the best days of your life?
If 2009 is going to the best year of our life,
then we need to have a lot of days that are
among the very best days of our life.
As I write this in the early evening of the first, I have to say that this day has been delightful and I have done some important thinsg to help others, but hardly a day that ranks as one of the best days of my life.

Fast forward, multiply the kind of day you had today by 365. In my case, based on what I have done so far today, the resulting multiplication leaves me far short of having one of the best years of my life. Ouch!

So, I face the kind of choice that all of us face when we set a goal and quickly fall off track. I can give up...or I can resolve to quickly get back on track.

That is an easy choice for me. What about for you?

I am getting back on track...right now. I am off to write some LinkedIn recommendations that will start the new year off right for people who are important to me.

What is something that you could do, yet today, that would make this a productive day for you?

You can "save" the day. It is within your power, as it is for me, to make it a good day, even if not quite one of the best days of my life.

A defining moment in our life...one that happens almost every day...is what we do when our day is not shaping up to be one of the best days of our life.

We can resign ourselves to be less than our best, or we can quickly get back on track.

Best wishes that you make your day one of the best in your life and your year one of the very best in your life.

PS Want to make 2009 one of the best years of your life? Then read the six part series, Countdown to New Years, that concluded yesterday. The series starts here.

No comments: