Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Seth Godin Wisdom for Tough Times

Regular readers of this blog have undoubtedly figured out, by now, that I am a voracious reader (and reviewer on Amazon where I post reviews of the best of that which I read).

Reading....like my client work...stretches my mind. I read with a challenging frame of mind, constantly asking does the author have it right (there is a ton of BS that one must filter through to get to real wisdom).

In a rapidly changing world, stretching one's mind is very important. And, no author stretches my mind more frequently than Seth Godin. His books are terrific, but his blog is even better yet. Every single blog posting is a delightful morsel of wisdom, with a perspective that is constantly stretching my thinking.

If you have the time to read just one blog (beyond this one :) ), my recommendation for business people would be Seth's. He really gets it! And, I hope you do also.
All the rules are being rewritten at 100 mph!


If you are playing by the old rules, you are likely destining yourself to failure. You will be losing your job, if you haven't already done so. Or, your business will be failing, if it hasn't already done so.

Those who will prosper in these tough times will be those who quickly grasp the new rules and fashion strategies to win with the new rules.

Coming Tomorrow: The exceptional wisdom of Mary Allen. You can read the entire series of Lessons from the Masters by starting here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dave,
It's a joy and honor to be a part of your support team. You're generosity with the world is inspiring beyond words. I truly believe the single most important skill to master is accessing "inner peace." Looking forward to playing with you 2009!
Mary